Light Brigade  

Go Back   Light Brigade > General Assembly > Light Brigade Recruitment
Connect with Facebook

Light Brigade Recruitment Are you looking for a new guild home? Let us know here!

Old 09-20-2016, 09:43 PM
Guild Member

Default Guardian, Druid - Soota

Character Name: Soota
Character Class: Druid
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Soota/simple (may not be available yet, just xferred)
Battle.net or RealID: chompzie#1564

1. What is your game and raid time availability (specific days and server times)?
Im a waitress, so my full game availability changes depending on when they schedule me like double shift vs. just dedicated night shift. As for raid time availability - I have put a request in to change my schedule to have off every Tues & Thursday for raiding, and can add/change my work availability as needed.

Im 100% definitely not available Friday and Saturday until maybe 8-10pm server, and Sunday 7-9pm server.

2. Why did you choose your current talents and glyphs? Do you ever change talents or glyphs for particular encounters (if so, please give us some specific examples)?
Icy Veins and common sense. Some talents I change Guttural Roars to Displacer Beast, I can change Guardian of Elune to Survival of the Fittest if a fight needs me to use defensive CDs more often, Typhoon to Might Bash if stuns are needed, etc.

3. What is your secondary specialization? Are you comfortable playing that spec in a raiding environment if called upon to do so? Do you have appropriate current-tier gear for that spec?
Feral DPS. Im pretty comfortable, although my artifact weapon for Feral isnt at the level my Guardian artifact is at. Guardian gear/stats (for the most part) transfer over well to Feral, so otherwise my gear for Feral is good.

4. What major add-ons do you use to help you better perform your chosen raiding role? (If you don't use add-ons, please explain.)
Bartender, DBM, TidyPlates, GTFO, Recount, Omen, NeedToKnow, DotFocus (if Feral), OmniCC.

5. What is your previous raid experience? (Be specific, please)
I raided in BC & Wrath (and some in Vanilla, but thats negligible) as tank and occasionally feral DPS I was in Exodus on Shadow Council during ICC and the end of ToC but did the other Wrath raids as well in other guilds, on both regular & heroic difficulty. In BC I only raided up until Serpentshrine Cavern.

6. What steps do you take to prepare yourself for a new raid encounter?
Watch videos, read strategies, get the right potions/flasks/food, double check my talents/gear, repair.

7. What other guilds (particularly on Shadow Council) have you been in and why did you leave them?
Exodus left cuz it imploded/exploded/whatever, Divine Rite with Gerbs/Gerberus, which I left because I had to stop raiding (work), and eventually transferred to be on a server with my family since I wasnt raiding. I quit after Wrath so any other guild I've been in hasn't been notable.

8. What are you looking for in a guild and why do you think Light Brigade would be a good fit for you?
I want to raid with nice people and skilled people but not deal with drama or 2 hour queues (thanks Stormrage), and also Gerbs is here and I need to follow him around because hes the one that drives me when we do World Quests otherwise I get lost. :D

9. Do you know any current or former Light Brigade members? If so, what is your relationship with them? Is there anyone currently in the guild that would be willing to vouch for your performance and ability?
Gerberus #1 BFF/most hated rival. Hed probably vouch for me. I used to raid in Exodus with Daenerys.

10. Is there anything else you would like to add that we should take into account when reviewing your application?
I have read the application instructions x2, from guild charter + app instructions.

(Optional) Feel free to add a link to a screen shot of your raiding UI and/or any World of Logs type raid parses if available.

Raiding UI: https://i.imgur.com/5o51uZs.jpg
Old 09-21-2016, 02:09 PM
Administrator

I raided with Soota for ToC, and ICC in my horde days, and she was an excellent raider and tank.

Unlike most people she actually read the application instructions and the guild charter!!!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Guild Member

I had a few questions for this applicant if you'll indulge me;

Dialectical materialism works through a process of thesis, antithesis and finally synthesis to bring about social and economic evolution. In what way does the Guardian Druid fit into these broader themes, and what major role do the Claws of Ursoc play into the ideas of class-struggle?

If you were expected to take part in a glorious revolution outside of standard raid times, what would be your first action be in the eventual downfall of the corrupt system? The deposing of the bourgeoisie? Or by seizing the means of production?

Joseph Stalin said "It takes a brave man to be a coward in the Red Army". Are you comfortable playing off-specs if asked to, and how does the idea of a centrally controlled economy fit into your talent choices?

What parallels can you draw from the short-lived Russian Republic's transformation into the Soviet Union during the October Revolution to the current state of Druids in 7.0?
Old 09-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Guild Member

Quote:
I had a few questions for this applicant if you'll indulge me;
Yeah sure.

Quote:
Dialectical materialism works through a process of thesis, antithesis and finally synthesis to bring about social and economic evolution. In what way does the Guardian Druid fit into these broader themes, and what major role do the Claws of Ursoc play into the ideas of class-struggle?
Looking at the process of dialectical materialism, and the purpose, druids are harbingers of change. It's in our very nature, physically (materially) speaking, to change forms. From one form to another, we adapt to our surroundings, and the social and material need of specific forms and roles. Guardian Druids act as harbingers of change. We transform from our humanoid form into a bear - representative of Mother Russia and the glorious reign of the Soviet Union, interestingly enough - and lead the group, as equals, through dungeons and world quests. We're the ones that pull the mobs to the group so that we may attack them.

An interesting point to make is how Azerothian society responds to quests by NPCs around them. How are we to really know that who we are attacking are really in the wrong? In fact, sometimes, I think it is us that destroy others' societies and force social change upon them. We are equals in Azeroth, each holding the means of production and ability to function as a group, while these dogmatic and dictatorial groups act as a disgusting example of what we could have become.

The Legion itself is a great example of such a society. In response to a classless society, socially speaking, they wish to destroy and force upon us their own society where they are the bourgeois and we are again made to become their slaves. So of course we respond in the only way they give us - through violence, which is an excellent form of forcing change.

The Claws of Ursoc are a material representation that leads to an ideological representation of the class-struggle and the fight against the Legion. Just as we clawed our ways up through the domination of dictatorial reign, we must once again claw our way through the threat set before us. They are a weapon, physically speaking, representing the need for violent revolution. We revolt against the grip the Legion has on us; we revolt against the position of submission to the strong bourgeoisie, who seek to remove our independence.

The Claws of Ursoc are given to us as we display certain understandings of being a bear and the harbinger of change, and are given to us to enact social change and respond to threats. They represent the violent struggle and eventual victory of the fight against a materialist and dictatorial prison.

Quote:
If you were expected to take part in a glorious revolution outside of standard raid times, what would be your first action be in the eventual downfall of the corrupt system? The deposing of the bourgeoisie? Or by seizing the means of production?
Such a wonderful trick question! It is through the violent removal of the bourgeoisie that we seize the means of production. They must fall from power, and die for their crimes against us, as we take from them the social and economic independence they deprived us of.

Quote:
Joseph Stalin said "It takes a brave man to be a coward in the Red Army". Are you comfortable playing off-specs if asked to, and how does the idea of a centrally controlled economy fit into your talent choices?
My first and only true duty is to destroying the bourgeoisie and assisting my fellow Alliance comrades in demanding our independence of capitalist and dictatorial reign. If I am needed to play an off-spec in order to fulfill my duty, since my duty comes first, I would gladly. If I am to be useful to the cause, however, playing the role of a bear protecting and guiding my comrades through the process of overthrowing the oppressive Legion rule would be best, as that is the form that I am most comfortable with. Secondly, I could play the role of a cat and follow my comrade tanks into battle, violently deposing of capitalist bourgeois pigs.

The economy plays little part in my choice of talents. The contribution to the economy, from all comrades, comes from our choice of professions and our gladly willingness to share with others the fruit of our labor. That fruit of labor - in my case, herbs and glyphs - is distributed evenly by the government that is made up of equals, made up of our people, to guide fellow comrades into a glorious reign of a classless and equal (socially, materially) society. The boon to my ability to defend comrades against threats that labor results in is independent of talent choice, acting as a complement to gear, specialization, and talent choices.

I am a little concerned by the representation of our former struggles being Stalin, however, as he ultimately brought about our first downfall.

Quote:
What parallels can you draw from the short-lived Russian Republic's transformation into the Soviet Union during the October Revolution to the current state of Druids in 7.0?
Our transformation from previous patches to 7.0 was extreme, volatile, and ultimately stabilized our class in preparation for destruction of the Bourgeois Legion. The patch of 7.0 was the revolution and transformation into a similar system as the glorious Soviet Union, and we continue from there, maintaining the fight against them and resulting in our and unequivocal victory over oppression and the start of a new glorious Alliance.

The Legion must be overthrown by any means possible. This also means that Jaina is also the enemy and she must be destroyed as well because of her attempt to constrain us against fighting with our Horde comrades against dictatorial bourgeois rule.

Down with the Legion, down with Jaina, and may the glorious Alliance Union of Azeroth reign free!
Old 09-22-2016, 01:12 PM
Guild Member

Follow-up:

Karl Marx authored the Communist Manifesto with the end goals of creating common ownership of the means of production (sustainability) and ultimately the absence of currency, social classes and the state itself. Your willingness to The Cause is unquestionable as your previous answers have made clear. Does that mean that you are advocating for the destruction of Light Brigade? Or are you deviating from Marx's original plan and in favor of a Soviet-style dictatorship, led by a Dwarf?
Old 09-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Guild Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Follow-up:

Karl Marx authored the Communist Manifesto with the end goals of creating common ownership of the means of production (sustainability) and ultimately the absence of currency, social classes and the state itself. Your willingness to The Cause is unquestionable as your previous answers have made clear. Does that mean that you are advocating for the destruction of Light Brigade? Or are you deviating from Marx's original plan and in favor of a Soviet-style dictatorship, led by a Dwarf?
As you may know, there are some among our fellow Azerothian comrades that are not soldiers to our cause. They are traitors, and spies. One cannot defeat the Legion on their own; we need to group up, comrades to comrades, and fight.

Therefore, Light Brigade, acting as a unit of comrades, is integral to our fight against the Legion. It's not an obstruction. It must be vigilant in analyzing and viewing critically its applicants and potential comrades in order to prevent snakes from sneaking in and poisoning it.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Administrator

huh...wtf...lol
Old 09-24-2016, 01:27 PM
Guild Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Kamar

*slow clap*