Light Brigade  

Go Back   Light Brigade > General Assembly > Light Brigade Recruitment
Connect with Facebook

Light Brigade Recruitment Are you looking for a new guild home? Let us know here!

Old 06-28-2017, 01:09 PM

Default Assassination, Rogue - Tikhonov

Your age? 35
Character Name: Tikhonov
Character Class: Assassination
Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...rwind/tikhonov
Battle.net or RealID: ablueman#1697

1. What is your game and raid time availability (specific days and server times)?

Afternoons/Nights daily (T/R server time works well for me)

2. Why did you choose your current talents? Do you ever change talents or glyphs for particular encounters (if so, please give us some specific examples)?

My current talents sim the highest with my current gear (at least based on standard, single-target simulationcraft results). I may switch to Alacrity on fights with tons of adds (Skorpyron, eg) and it looks like I'll be testing out Subterfuge once I get the t20 4-piece. My go-to for a starting point on which talents to choose is usually the pinned guides in the rogue class discord (and to a lesser extent, Icy Veins).

3. What is your secondary specialization? Are you comfortable playing that spec in a raiding environment if called upon to do so? Do you have appropriate current-tier gear for that spec?

I can play all three rogue specs. I have gear for Subtlety and Outlaw (although I have no spec-specific legendaries outside of Assassination because, after collecting 9 legendary items, I still don't have the shoulders or the bracers...the two current BiS...so I refuse to switch my loot specialization until they drop). I can put out decent damage with Subtlety.

4. What major add-ons do you use to help you better perform your chosen raiding role? (If you don't use add-ons, please explain.)

ElvUI, DBM, Weakauras 2, GTFO, Skada, KUI Nameplates, Raven, NugComboBar

5. What is your previous raid experience? (Be specific, please)

I'm relatively new to the game. I started raiding HFC near the end of WoD. I cleared heroic HFC about 15 times. I've had AOTC for each Legion raid, and am currently 8/9 nToS and 1/9 hToS, thanks to a particular guild I've been raiding with regularly on Shadow Council.

6. What steps do you take to prepare yourself for a new raid encounter?

I watch several guides (I like FatbossTV and the 2-minute tips from Line of Sight Gaming) and I also read the dungeon journal for all roles. Sometimes I even go as far as to write important things down and have my notes handy while raiding.

7. What other guilds (particularly on Shadow Council) have you been in and why did you leave them?

I've never been in a guild on Shadow Council. I was in a guild named TenPercentMoreDelicious on Whisperwind for about a year, but their plan/recruiting for Legion didn't work out so they just sort of slowly quit raiding and went their separate ways. I still pug with many of them.

8. What are you looking for in a guild and why do you think Light Brigade would be a good fit for you?

I'm looking for as little drama and toxicity as possible. I'm also not that afraid of dwarves and gnomes, which I believe is a plus.

9. Do you know any current or former Light Brigade members? If so, what is your relationship with them? Is there anyone currently in the guild that would be willing to vouch for your performance and ability?

I believe that every current raiding member knows me, and would at least vouch for the fact that I don't openly express my fear of races that are significantly shorter than Worgens.

10. Is there anything else you would like to add that we should take into account when reviewing your application?

I have read the application instructions.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:02 AM

Hi Tikhonov are you playing much?