Light Brigade  

Go Back   Light Brigade > General Assembly > Light Brigade Recruitment
Connect with Facebook

Light Brigade Recruitment Are you looking for a new guild home? Let us know here!

Old 09-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Guild Member

Default Just Hunter - Kragzo

Light Brigade Application Form

Your age? 32
Character Name: Kragzon
Character Class: Hunter
Armory Link: Internal Server Error (Will update later)
Battle.net or RealID: Kragzo#1745

1. What is your game and raid time availability (specific days and server times)?

Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday - 5:30pm ST on
All other days, when I get home from work in the evening, my times shift around, usually no later than 10pm ST.

2. Why did you choose your current talents and glyphs? Do you ever change talents or glyphs for particular encounters (if so, please give us some specific examples)?

I have chosen what has worked best for me in mythic dungeons based on my own experimentation, what I have read on forums and what I have seen other successful demon hunters use in game. Right now I believe it is the best spec for AoE and single target fights but will make changes as needed if/when it is needed.

3. What is your secondary specialization? Are you comfortable playing that spec in a raiding environment if called upon to do so? Do you have appropriate current-tier gear for that spec?

Currently MM is my secondary. I'm working on getting the gear for it but currently it does not hold up against my BM gear.

4. What major add-ons do you use to help you better perform your chosen raiding role? (If you don't use add-ons, please explain.)

ElvUI, Deadly Boss Mods, GTFO, Parrot 2, Recount, Omen Threat Meter, WeakAuras 2, EPGPLootMaster

5. What is your previous raid experience? (Be specific, please)

WoW:
Vanilla - all
BC - 50%

Rift:
Everything before first expansion cleared, multiple server firsts, competed closely on world firsts.

EQ:
Everything before Luclin.

DAoC:
Raided Albion/Midgard nightly. :D

6. What steps do you take to prepare yourself for a new raid encounter?

Flasks, potions, enchants, gems, food ready to go. Adventure Guide read through, videos watched if available. Durability at 100%.

7. What other guilds (particularly on Shadow Council) have you been in and why did you leave them?

I have not been in any other guilds on Shadow Council. I can't recall the last time I left a guild. I'm still in contact with a lot of people I've played with over the years and usually end up playing with them again wherever they have ended up(i.e. Beln).

8. What are you looking for in a guild and why do you think Light Brigade would be a good fit for you?

I'm looking for a guild that has a solid core group of people, a mature environment with a good atmosphere, and people that want to take down content and see how far they can go. Additionally, I want to play with the people who brought me back to the game (Beln, Anderious). They have had nothing but good things to say about Light Brigade so this is where I want to be.

9. Do you know any current or former Light Brigade members? If so, what is your relationship with them? Is there anyone currently in the guild that would be willing to vouch for your performance and ability?

I know Beln and Anderious. Anderious I have known for 10+ years IRL through my brother though I haven't played many games with him in the past. Beln I met on Khadgar 10 or so years ago as an enemy in Southshore / Tarren Mill wars pre-BG's. After a long time of battling him in BG's we found out we lived near each other and became friends outside of the game and eventually room mates, then neighbors. I've been playing different games with him since, now he's pulled me back to WoW. I'm sure he can vouch for what I've been able to accomplish in the past.

10. Is there anything else you would like to add that we should take into account when reviewing your application?

I know an 8 year break from the game is a long time but I'm really enjoying Legion. For the first time in years my home life is stable, kid is grown up a bit and I have time to commit to an MMO again. I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can go in Legion and beyond.

"I have read the application instructions" - from guild charter
'I have read the application instructions' - from application instructions

(Optional) Feel free to add a link to a screen shot of your raiding UI and/or any World of Logs type raid parses if available.

Classic ElvUI frames (Will update with screenshot later)
No logs... yet!

edit by Rhaegar, Fixed title.

Last edited by Kragzo; 10-04-2016 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Changed class.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Administrator

actually reading the application instructions and guild charter...that'll give a person a near instant in. You'd be surprised how few applicants actually do. Everything looks good, and did pretty good dps in our first raid.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Guild Member

I noticed there was a large dps drop off this week after a certain balance hotfix was implemented, would you care to explain your reasoning?
Old 10-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Guild Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
I noticed there was a large dps drop off this week after a certain balance hotfix was implemented, would you care to explain your reasoning?
I was in a weakened state while I ascended to my final form... a hunter.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:24 PM
Guild Member

Can't seem to edit the title of the thread.

I would like to change my application from Demon Hunter to just Hunter. Turns out it's useful to be able to hunt more than just demons...
Old 10-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragzo View Post
Can't seem to edit the title of the thread.

I would like to change my application from Demon Hunter to just Hunter. Turns out it's useful to be able to hunt more than just demons...
Fixed it for you.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Guild Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
Fixed it for you.
Thank you!