Light Brigade  

Go Back   Light Brigade > General Assembly > Light Brigade Recruitment
Connect with Facebook

Light Brigade Recruitment Are you looking for a new guild home? Let us know here!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:59 PM
Guild Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Kamar
Default Application v2.0

Administration Data
Your Age:
A: 37
Character Name:
A: Kamar
Character Class:
A: Greatest Class Ever (Paladin)
Armory Link:
A: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Kamar/simple
Battle.net or RealID:
A: VeXeR#1882

Resume
1. What is your game and raid time availability (specific days and server times)?
A: Anytime, so long as they’re locked in dates and times. It’s difficult to coordinate around work, school, and family commitments with a fluid raiding schedule. That being said, flexibility is alright. I just need to be able to count on Tues/Thurs @ 6-9pm not becoming Mon/Fri @ 2-5pm, simply because people were on.

2. Why did you choose your current talents and glyphs? Do you ever change talents or glyphs for particular encounters (if so, please give us some specific examples)?
A: I use Noxxic and Icy-Veins as a base-line for my talent builds. From there, I move my talents around as my gear and gameplay develops. I do not change talents/glyphs for specific encounters.

3. What is your secondary specialization? Are you comfortable playing that spec in a raiding environment if called upon to do so? Do you have appropriate current-tier gear for that spec?
A: Retribution is my secondary spec. However since the release of Legion, and with the damage I generate in Protection, I tend to just run around in Prot most of the time. I am currently at a 16-14-0 as of this application.

4. What major add-ons do you use to help you better perform your chosen raiding role? (If you don't use add-ons, please explain.)
A: I use Bagnon, DBM, Garrison Mission Manager, GTFO, Master Plan, Omen, Recount, SellJunk, Titan Panel, TSM, and WeakAuras

5. What is your previous raid experience? (Be specific, please)
A: I’ve raided in Holy during MC, but switched to Tanking in BC. I raided Prot/Ret for every other raid since. I took a break from raiding during Cataclysm and MoP in order to focus more on work, however I raided in Group Finder whenever possible.

6. What steps do you take to prepare yourself for a new raid encounter?
A: I read the in-game description first, and then transition over to YouTube for solid walkthroughs. I find videos don’t always properly explain mechanics to me and the best method is almost always to just run it over and over again. After all, there is only two ways we learn – Endless Repetition, and Blunt-Force Trauma.

7. What other guilds (particularly on Shadow Council) have you been in and why did you leave them?
A: I was with Retribution since MC. I ended up leaving Retribution as all my friends gradually left the game. The guild became entirely a social guild with no goal toward any progression (dungeon or otherwise). After quite some time, I decided to leave and setup my own guild to help family and friends come into the game. I thoroughly enjoy the game and the lore, and so after some initial trepidation I decided to try applying to LB.

8. What are you looking for in a guild and why do you think Light Brigade would be a good fit for you?
A: I’m looking for a more “professional” guild. I don’t know how else to say that. I want to have fun, and but I certainly don’t want some inhumane adherence to rigid guild bylaws. I just want a Guild that shares in my goals of seeing end-game content while enjoying the game in the same manner that I do.

9. Do you know any current or former Light Brigade members? If so, what is your relationship with them? Is there anyone currently in the guild that would be willing to vouch for your performance and ability?
A: Barad, and Celise I became good friends with during their time in Retribution. Both are no longer with Light Brigade and, to be quite honest, I haven’t even seen online in a very long time. I still talk to all the “old guard” back in Retribution, however I find that the list grows fewer and fewer as the years go on.

10. Is there anything else you would like to add that we should take into account when reviewing your application?
A: I am in the military, and I travel frequently. That said, I can make my own schedule. However I will occasionally have commitments that I simply will not be able to break. Just the unfortunate nature of the beast, sometimes. I will always give you advance notice in the event I will need to be offline for more than a day or two. Simply to allow you to adjust as necessary.

Last edited by Kamar; 09-15-2016 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Some negatives I see, he mistakenly thinks paladins are the greatest class ever. If he's that delusional, could he be a good raider?

Other than his delusions, he seems decent enough.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Officer

My first raiding toon was a holy paladin, and as I play a druid now, I can attest to the fact that it's great to be part of a class that can fill any role! (Not saying I play them all equally well, I'm just acknowledging the flexibility).

That being said, I am very positive about this player and app, and he seems to be in line with where LB is, in terms of raiding.

The only thing I would add is that we are firm in a couple of our Raiding rules:
Be on (ahead of) time. Raid time = first pull at 6pm ST.
If you cannot be there for a raid: post on this site or tell an officer.
For the time=being (unless we vote to change it) guild and raid chats are PG (many of us have school-aged children nearby).

My vote: ++
Old 09-15-2016, 05:32 AM
Guild Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Kamar

To caveat on what Wynn pointed out... Druids would be the greatest, if not for Paladins and their pink character class. In fact, I should probably consider moving my Bear/Tree into the guild at some point. Just to help balance out the number of awesome classes against those classes who may not be awesome, but are still "special" in their own way.

All jokes aside, I do appreciate you even considering me to join the guild in the first place. I've shared my cheesy story with a handful of you already and really do consider myself fortunate to even be in LB in the first place. Although I would really like to help the guild in any way I can (i.e. recruiting), I could easily spend the rest of my time being a FoG and be the happiest player in Azeroth.

Thank you for that.